Monday, May 6, 2013

The Road is Long, but the Journey is Worth It

Have you ever looked at something and said “this is going to be difficult”? Have you ever let the potential difficulty stop you? Why?

I knew when I started this expedition, that the road was going to be long and not so easy. But what I am finding out, is that while it may be arduous, it is also the best journey I have ever taken. It has been my experience that the things you have to work hardest for in life are the ones that come with the sweetest rewards. I read a quote the other day that was posted by the owner of Thrive Weight Loss (who also happens to be engaged to my childhood BFF) that said “I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, I’m saying it’s going to be worth it.” And it struck me like a bolt of lightening! Maybe your it is a weight loss journey or possibly a job promotion that offers the chance to relocate, or maybe your it is simply living a healthy, happy life.  The harder and longer the road is to your destination, the more you will be able to celebrate and revel in your accomplishment.

So, where ever you are on your own personal Road Trip, don’t think about how far you have to go, think about how wonderful it will be once you arrive, because nothing worth it is ever easy and nothing easy is ever worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment